Calabar High School operates from Monday to Friday with school hours from 7:30 a.m. to 2:35 p.m. Registration of students is done twice daily; first at 7:30am and then at 12:15pm.
There are three sets of offices that accommodate the Administrative Staff:
- The General and Principal's Office
- The Vice Principal's Offices
- The Bursars Offices
The school is divided into two areas. The Vice Principals are in charge of specific areas; one, the lower school (grades 7-9) and the other, the upper school (grades 10-13) with the principal having overall responsibility.
There are three sets of staff rooms- Staff Room 1 is located on the main administrative block, Staff Room 2 is located on the first floor of the three-storey building and Staff Room 3, located on the Centenary Building. The offices of Year Supervisors are located on the blocks housing their respective grades. The offices of the Deans of Discipline and Academic studies are found on the Grade 10 block.
Grade and Year Supervisors have special responsibility for students and their discipline in each grade. A form Teacher has responsibility for a particular grade. A Form Teacher comes under direct supervision of the Year Supervisor of the particular grade. Supervisors work closely with the Dean of Discipline.
A Department Head is in charge of a particular subject and has special responsibility for curriculum planning, development and assessment of teachers in the department. They work closely with the Dean of Academic Studies.
Students generally enter Calabar High School from the PEP exam for entry to Grade 7. The registration period for these students is usually during the month of July. Parents are required to pay a registration fee, fill out the Admissions Form and sign all other relevant documents and return them to the school along with the following:
- Two recent passport size photographs
- A certified copy of his birth certificate
- The Blue Copy of immunization card
- Signed agreements to rules and regulations
- Registration fee
- Medical Report (medicals are arranged by the school on dates announced annually
1. Download and complete the form below.
2. Make payment at the Bursar's office and take the completed form to the Main Office along with the following documents:
- Proof of payment
- Two letters of recommendation (one must be from the previous school).
- The last two school reports.
- PEP Results (if request is for a place in Grade 7)
- Letter of request is optional
Note that there are two forms attached: transfer request form for Grade 7 and transfer request form for Grades 8-10
Please be advised that the submission of documents does not guarantee that a place will be offered. If accepted, the parent/guardian will be notified and the general admissions procedures will follow.
Admission to the Sixth Form Program
Students for the Sixth Form Program is pre-selected at the end of their Grade 11 year based on:
- Attendance to school and classes
- Punctuality to school and classes
- Attitude towards homework and classwork
- General behaviour and conduct
- Deportment and adherance dress code
- Completing SBA's
Final acceptance to Grade 12 (Lower 6th) is dependent on performance in the CSEC exams and completing an interview. Students must have at least 5 passes at Grades 1-2, at the General Proficiency Level, in what he wishes to do in Grade 12.
All Applicants must do the following:
- Pay a processing fee at the Bursar's Office
- Submit proof of payment
- Submit TWO passport size pictures
External Students should add the following to the above:
- Copies of their last two Grade 11 reports, certified by their school stamp
- Copies of CSEC results
- One letter of recommendation from the LAST SCHOOL ATTENDED
For a comprehensive description of the program, go to the Academics tab and scroll down to the information on our Sixth Form program. Read the information carefully and then use the link provided to submit an application. Applicants MUST submit their form ONLINE using the link provided.
For furthur information, you can send email to : firstname.lastname@example.org or call 876 546 5369 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Mondays- Fridays. Whatsapp messages are also accepted.
GO TO ACADEMICS for further details.